Established as a club on March 8th, 2004. Our focus is on being a community where Advanced, experienced and gifted artists share quality wolf artwork. What do we mean by quality? It might sound unfair, but you have to submit work that has obvious noticeable effort and ability, we will be picking up on things like Anatomy, Golden Sections, Quality of lines, Backgrounds and over all feel.
Why do we have this? So that watching our group means each deviation will be something worth viewing. Joining our group means you have the confidence and talent to meet our goals. If you think you're good enough, you're encouraged to join!
YOU MUST HAVE 3 OR MORE WOLF RELATED ARTWORKS IN YOUR GALLERY.
YOU MUST HAVE BEEN A MEMBER ON DEVIANT ART FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS. IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT, YOUR REQUEST WILL BE DECLINED WITHOUT EXPLANATION.
1. In your request, give us the links to 3 pieces that are representative of your work. Choose carefully and follow the standards for submitted work below.
2. Wait for group acceptance. Sometimes our Alphas can take a few days to make a decision. Upon acceptance you may place our icon in your Deviant Journal if you wish.
3. Member artwork submissions are also subject to Alpha scrutiny.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
AS OF MAY 2013 WE DO NOT ACCEPT 'FURRY' WOLVES, The only acceptable form we take will be awesome well drawn and thought out anthro/werewolf type ones, each case will be reviewed when submitting to the group.
1. Notebook "I did this in math class" doodles; WHY? Because if you don't care enough to place your work on decent white paper, then why should viewers take the time to look at it. Notebook lines take away from the quality of the image and render it base. For more commentary on notebook doodles, look at the journal of Keyoyia at keyoyia.deviantart.com/journal… . I think most would find it helpful.
2. Messy Sketches; WHY? Because this is a gallery geared towards more finished work. Graphite works are more than welcome, as are inks that will be colored at a later date because they have the look of being finished and are interesting enough as they are to be artwork on their own.
3. Admins reserve the right to decline posting artwork that they feel is not suitable or finished enough to be posted. Hopefully this will give all of us the incentive to do our best and give wolves the beautiful representation such magnificent creatures deserve.
SUBMISSION STANDARDS: Deviant Art Rules Apply:
1. Submissions must be your work.
2. We accept wolves, wolf-like dogs such as huskies malamutes and other Nordic breeds, coyotes wild breeds and mixes of all of these are welcome. Werewolves are welcome in the specific folder. Hybrids should contain noticeable wolf anatomy. Alphas can decide acceptance on a case by case basis.
3. Gore is welcome (if you're 18 or over).
4. Nudity is taken on piece by piece.
5. Hate pieces and or slander of views beliefs or others are not welcome and will be screened out. Art may not "bash" any religion, race or sexual preference. Take yours squabbles elsewhere. Alphas have full authority to decline anything they deem necessary to maintain group harmony.
6. Fan Art of characters is welcome (Balto, White Fang, etc.) as long as you credit your sources per Deviant Art rules. Copyright laws will be upheld. Document all inspirations correctly.
7. Photography is not allowed. It may be art but it is not the artwork themed in this club. We will take photo-manipulations if they are of wolves, and show skill in both editing, and the style of the actual piece. You must show some effort with this, don't just slap your drawing on a photo.
8. Literature and poetry is not allowed. Although poetry can be beautiful and art as well, this is a visually based art club. There are many other poetry themed clubs out there. But if you have artwork with poetry on it, or in its description, that is allowed.
9. Limit your submissions to 1 or 2 at a time. Why? We promote quality over quantity and less is more. Consider what the watchers want to see.
10. Submit Line-Art to the Character Sheets, Tutorials, Comics and Misc Folder. For further on folders see our journal entry: artofthepawandfang.deviantart.… Icons may also be submitted to the MISC folder, however, substantial effort must be evident.
Our Alphas retain the right to decline any submission or membership application when it is deemed in the benefit of the club to do so.
Submissions or members that portray the club or the subject matter of the club ( I.E. wolves ) in denigration and besmirchment will be dealt with accordingly.